Here' s a quick summary for TI 83/84 users
1. press STAT
2. press ENTER
3. Enter our data in L1 and L2
4. press STAT and then arrow to the right for CALC
5. Select which type of equation you want (we used #6 for he Black Bear worksheet)
6. If your screen shows CubicReg you can then enter L1,L2,Y1
(this will put your regression equation into Y1)
You can get Y1 by the following: press VARS, then right arrow over to y-vars, then ENTER, ENTER
L1 (press 2nd 1), L2 (press 2nd 2)
7. In your y= screen, make sure PLOT 1 is highlighted (dark box around it)
8. press ZOOM 9 and your window will adjust to your data and you can see your data points and regression graph
9. press TRACE and move the up/down arrow to get to your regression equation and you can enter your desired value for x (as long as it is within your window)
For TI-Nspire users, you want want to consult your manual. Below is a link which may help.
You may need to pause and replay parts of the video as she goes pretty fast. You will need to start will a new document and on the Lists & Spreadsheets page.
Have a good Labor Day weekend! Go Sabres!